Short and Square

So I finished my test-run floral shorts with my new altered pattern, and I'm quite happy with them. I think this cut is a little more flattering on me and my big thighs/quads, without looking like a big bro-esque cargo short. I think I'll actually wear these quite a bit (yes, probably with that shirt, or a plain blue one)

The only snag I hit was, as you can see here, I placed the pockets way, waaaay too low. Don't know what I was thinking! But an easy fix for the next go around, which will probably be with the camo twill I posted a picture of last time. Thinking of making that pair longer and tapered at the calf maybe. Also had a little bit of a stretching issue with the waistband, that'll teach me to interface it next time. 

Also happening this week: experimenting with crocheting granny squares for a secret-possible-future project. Not something I've had a lot of experience with, so it's a whole new world for me. This website has been a great starting place for tutorials. 




No comments:

Post a Comment