Excuse my dirty sock, but this has been my vantage point for most of the last week. Trying to get the basic leather strips down on the jacket, before I start with the rest of the embellishment. Getting a little nervous that I might not have enough leather...keeping my eyes out for another jacket with a similar weight of leather.
The ball and loop closures are attached to the front edge.
I've started to baste down one of the spirals on the shoulder. There's a dart on the shoulder (the straight line the comes out of the spiral runs along it) so applying leather there is strengthening the shape.
Everything that's on so far--now I need to do the other side. Then the edging, and some decorative work along the back seam and the front edges.
And I finally got some new sewing thread, so these triangles are turning into squares for my t-shirt quilt.