Spiral Shoulder

Excuse my dirty sock, but this has been my vantage point for most of the last week. Trying to get the basic leather strips down on the jacket, before I start with the rest of the embellishment. Getting a little nervous that I might not have enough leather...keeping my eyes out for another jacket with a similar weight of leather.
The ball and loop closures are attached to the front edge.
I've started to baste down one of the spirals on the shoulder. There's a dart on the shoulder (the straight line the comes out of the spiral runs along it) so applying leather there is strengthening the shape.
Everything that's on so far--now I need to do the other side. Then the edging, and some decorative work along the back seam and the front edges.
And I finally got some new sewing thread, so these triangles are turning into squares for my t-shirt quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment