I underestimated how long it would take to make the braided lengths to go around the edge of the coat! There's two and they're about 5 feet long apiece, which took a few hours to do in a five strand braid.
Before I can add that, however, there were some small worn patches (maybe moth holes?) across the back and shoulders that I had to patch. I think they'll be less conspicuous when the leather braid designs are on top of them, but I don't particularly mind them being visible. The clothing isn't supposed to be particularly pristine.
Nothing fancy, just extra fabric turned in and applied over. You can see one more little worn spot up on the right. I probably should have darned this but I've never been good at doing that inconspicuously.
I cut up black triangles for my t-shirt quilt's next border. I haven't forgotten about it, I just honestly need to be more sewing thread, I'm very low, and there isn't a store close by that sells it.
I also finished a few more Dear Jane blocks, here's A-7 and A-8, nice easy ones.
And A-10, which was really difficult and fiddly. I think I did fine until the outer borders, now I realize I should have put them together in a different order. Oh well, it's just a little lopsided.