After Three Years!

It's finished! The t-shirt quilt I started back in the summer of 2008 is piece, tied, and bound. It's a trip going back and seeing the pictures of a few little blocks. The whole thing really started because I was making altered t-shirts for the Punk Rock Flea Market, and I had lots of scraps. Now it's a beast of a blanket!
It's super heavy and soft--there's a whole old comforter in there! And the multicolored tying just adds to it's obnoxious colorfulness.
I actually spent some time on my Tumblr seeing if I could find a more awfully bright quilt, and so far I haven't. So this may well be the most awfully bright, obnoxious quilt out there.
The back is also pretty enjoyable, with the little colorful stitches all over. I know tying is not usually done so close together, but I like the way it looks and feels.
So thick!

Anyway, I'm just glad to finally have this piece incorporated into something useful, and not just taking up space on my shelves. Feels good. I like making my weirder garments too, but sometimes it's so satisfying to be left with something you can really use all the time.

4 comments:

  1. Was going to ask on craftster if it was heavy, so I'm glad I came here. Looks good - and it's reversible 'cause the back looks good as well!

    Janey
    janeyknitting@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many tiny tiny scraps that I refuse to throw out, and seeing this I think maybe I should try and do some miniature patchwork. Did you hand piece all the blocks in the middle? The whole thing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete