Quick Update and Some Selfish Sewing

I've been busily collecting horrible thrift store garments and getting them scoured for my class, as well as making powerpoints and getting supplies. (If there's one thing I've learned in art school, if was how to make a powerpoint!) But I did squeeze some of my own work inbetween.
The coif made with recycled needlepoint whites is coming along--just have to finish the center section and sew it up--then dye it.

I also made myself a shirt--sometimes I forget how gratifying it is to do a quick, wearable project! I cut it a little bit short, but I'm pretty short so it still fits pretty well.
I cut it out of a striped tablecloth, and incorporated the stripes into the back and yoke.
The collar got a little screwy, but I'm still pretty happy with it. As much as I'm confident making very painstaking handsewn garments, I'm a little rusty when it comes to regular, machine made clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment