Spiraling Away

So I actually did so really exciting dye work tonight, but I didn't bring my camera with me to school, so unfortunately you're going to have to wait to get a peek at that. But here's a quick update on my coat's progress.

The horns are on the back are getting laid out. The one on the left is sewn down, the one on the right, you can see the basting thread. I baste them on with white thread before I sew them down.
The split in the back--again on is sewn down, one basted. When sewing it down, I come up between the strands of the braid, then back down through them, and snug up the thread so it basically disappears into the braid.
And the front now has an edge, though there's more work to be done there.

So basically, still to do on this project:
-Finish putting the braid on.
-Cut a lining.
-Echo quilt around the braid.
-Use the echo quilting as a guide on the lining to embroider the lining with the same pattern as the braid on the outside (this is where my recent dye work comes into play)

No comments:

Post a Comment