Quiet Work

I haven't updated in a while--though I have been working on things. They're just mostly not-that-exciting to photograph things so I've been dragging my feet a little.

On the quilting front, I finally got tired of looking at the courthouse steps log cabin quilt I'd started. It was a little too small to cover the ratty old comforter I wanted to use it for, and I didn't want to make any more log cabin blocks. So last week I finally sat down and just used up all the left-over strips to make a quick border.
Also a thin gold border to match the centers and some gold corners because I was running out of strips. I'm laying it out here to baste it down onto the old comforter and a sheet for backing.
The quilting is nothing fancy, just some straight lines by hand. I just want to get it back on the bed as soon as I can. It's about 3/4 finished at the moment.
On the Dear Jane front, I finally ordered more fabric. I was limping along with little scraps by the time I finished Row B. Now I've got 48 fat quarters in all sorts of lovely colors.
Here's Row C, 1-4. C-4 was incredibly fiddly, and I actually had to start B-2 (the purple and orange one) over again, the first one's diamond center got all skewed.
And C-5, which was quite a process, but which actually came out really well, I think.
With the braid quilt, I've been dying absolute masses of silk. I think at this point I have way more fabric than I need to make the coat, but I just keep dying more to get more color variations. I'm shooting for 'ocean' colors, and I think the braids will be gradated from light to dark.
Right now I've ironed and am cutting the little quadrilateral shapes out of the lighter colors. I still need a few more mid/deep tones so I am holding off on those.
Bags of quadrilaterals! One is for the right side of the braid, the other is for the left. I'm trying to keep the amounts pretty even.


No comments:

Post a Comment