Quilting and Cutting

So the plaid shirting log cabin quilt is finished and back on our bed. And while I'm not super excited by it, it's a whole lot better than the ripped, threadbare comforter that it's covering. Doesn't exactly go with my t-shirt quilt or our sheets, but  I don't really care. 
The quilting on it, I will fully admit, is downright boring and pretty lazy. But we don't have another large blanket, and it's still chilly at night, so the goal was just to get it done as quickly as possible. It's all hand-quilted, I haven't gotten the hang of feeding big chunks of fabric through my machine, and I'm pretty darn fast at hand sewing by this point. 
I'm continuing to cut braid pieces out of my hand-dyed silks and my grey wools. The silks I'm separating by "lights," "mediums" and "darks." Just the "darks" left to go, but I think I may go back and try to dye just a few more shades of blue. We'll see. 

From those braids, I've got lots of tiny little scraps. If there's one thing you've learn about me from reading this blog, it's that I keep every little scrap from my projects. These guys are moving forward to help me patch up the cape I found a few weeks back, which has a bit of damage on the lining. 
I'm just sort of crazy quilting them together than appliqueing them on. I usually don't bother with this sort of thing on my own clothing, but it's a really gorgeous garment anyway, and I think this gives it some more meaning.








No comments:

Post a Comment