Leatha Strips, Leatha Braid

I ended up working a little overtime this week, so I did not get as far into my new jacket project as I wanted. But I have gotten the ball rolling at least!
Starting with turning some chunks of soft leather from a very ugly leather jacket into thin (1/8") strips. I cut them on the fold, and didn't cut all the way through, then sort of pulled and snipped the fold so I could get longer strips out of the small pieces. (if you've ever done rag rug braiding, it's the same sort of technique, I'm not explaining it very well I'm afraid.)
Bundle of strips being produced, and test out the braiding. You can sort of see the "corners" on the strips in the bunches.
And application and construction is just beginning on the actual coat, starting with the button loops on the sleeve cuff. I'll be sure to take some more all over pictures of the jacket's alterations for the next post.
And on the nights I got home too late to want to drag all that out, I did finish three more Dear Jane blocks, A-3 through A-6. They're just so quick and addictive. Here's all six done so far.