So I skip yesterday. I needed a little break, and seeing as it was my day off of work, I took the whole day off. But I did get a fair amount of stuff done. The cathedral window dress is done! Except for the underskirt, which I need to think about. No pictures, I really need to get a shot on a person or mannequin, hopefully I can manage that tomorrow.
Bargello quilt is now officially a top. I added two scrappy braids to make it a normal size, since the bargello part was a little bit odd and square. Same technique as on the braided shirt. Need to layout my batting and baste it together, then I'll hand-quilt it. It'll have to wait until I can bring everything to school, I don't have enough room in my apartment for it.
Testing out some crochet meshes. As far as I can tell, they're generally used as backgrounds in filet crochet and Irish lace, but I really like them on their own. I'm thinking I like it best at extreme sizes--in thin thread, and maybe in several strands of wool, or strips of wool fabric.
Putting it to work on the side of an under-shirt. The pink thread is silk, and the undershirt is some sort of slubby raw silk, I may dye them both, I may not, after all, it's in a place that would be covered up by clothing.
Quick and dirty shoe mock-up in some crappy felt.